Monday, March 7, 2011

Triston's Blessing

Triston's blessing was a great success! My dad did a wonderful job blessing him! I balled, of course, simply because I felt the Spirit so strongly. Most wards who have apartments in their boundaries don't really reach out to the families who live in apartments just because they come and go so quickly, but that is not the case with my ward. They have been so kind and so welcoming to us. And on the plus side, Kyle and I are thinking about signing another lease with our apartments, because we don't want to move again unless it's into our own house.

Anyway, back to the blessing! It was so fun! I had my family and Kyle's family there. I made a bunch of cupcakes and some pasta salad, plus some family brought some other food. But it was so nice to have everyone together for this special event! I love having family and friends together! Our good family friends came and it was so great to have them part of this experience, especially since I consider my girlfriend close enough to be my sister!

Triston with his Daddy and Papa Johns

The family!

Triston was so good during the blessing, he didn't whine or cry. And despite being passed around like a sack of potatoes, he was happy through the whole thing! Unfortunately, we had to make a trip to the ER last night. He had been throwing up more than he was eating and wasn't having any wet or poopy diapers. I took him into the ER just to see if he was dehydrated, which thank goodness, he wasn't they did keep him there to monitor him for about an hour after they gave him some nausea medicine. But he kept what I fed him down, and slept fairly well through the night. He woke up at his usual time, despite the fact he didn't go to bed till 2:00 am and he had a little bit of a wet diaper, first sign of urine in nearly 24 hours. I was hoping he would finally be over this little bug, but I think I spoke too soon, because he started to throw up just as bad as he had been last night. It has been a couple hours since he has thrown up but he is sleeping a lot, so I'm hoping he's getting whatever he has in his system out. Now I just need to wake up from my lack of sleep. I'm only going on about 4 hours of sleep, so I'm really tired. I don't like to drink coffee or energy drinks, but I think I'm going to go get a Dr. Pepper from the vending machine so I can get some kind of boost. I'm falling asleep right here typing!

No comments:

Post a Comment