Friday, February 4, 2011

Mom Pride

I think that being a mom has to be one of the hardest jobs on the planet. I say planet because kids are kids where ever they are in the world. From tearing movies off the shelf, to throwing tantrums at bedtime, we moms go through a lot. Which is why I don't bother getting all cleaned up to just be thrown up on, pooped on and so much more. I was reading a friends blog and she made a comparison of moms to Bear Grylls ("Man Vs. Wild" & "Born Survivor") and I've got to say we endure some pretty difficult things. I hear quite often from Kyle that I couldn't do his job. My response, "You're right, I can't do your job. I don't know the first thing about your job. But could you handle a 2 year old and 4 month old by yourself for 12+ hours?" His response, "No, I would call you 15 minutes into it asking you to come home cause I couldn't handle it." I just nod my head and smile. In my opinion, women don't get the credit we deserve. Not only do we give birth to the child, but we change them, feed them, and nurture them. I will admit, I lose my temper. But what mom doesn't? But then I look at their sweet little faces, and smiles, and it washes away my anger frustration and stress. It makes all the mess and chaos around me disappear. I love my boys (big and small). They drive me crazy and make me want to pull out my hair, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I may not be very stylish, or have the body I did in High School, but I have something so much better than that. I have a family, and I'm a mom and proud of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment